Hey, it’s Bklyn or Beyond!6

Posted by Deirdre // 04-10-2012

And we’re up! Welcome to the new site. I’m editing myself and trying not to put exclamation points after every sentence but it’s all very exciting!!!  But, we’re still working out the kinks on some things and getting the tagging right and since both my kids are off this week some of that will have to wait. Here are a few cool new things you can do right off the bat.

In the space to the right you can see two boxes – one for Bklyn and one for Beyond. Click on one and you’ll see there are three areas in each which when clicked will take you to posts on that general area. Beyond contains ‘The Burbs’, ‘Beyond the Burbs’ which is about 100-250 miles from NYC give or take – an area that I considered commutable for a few days a week or do able (depending) to still have a NYC-based career even if you don’t go to an office every day. Then there’s ‘Way Beyond’ which can be anywhere past there. I’m still in the process of tagging things appropriately, but you can see where it’s going.

Beyond the Burbs rollover

And there’s lots more in store for this little blog. For now it’s Spring Break and we’re hanging out Beyond the Burbs enjoying the quiet and the green and “living” in a house with a driveway. And shopping at Whole Foods. As always, I’m sure I’ll report back with pros and cons. For now, have a look around and let me know what you think. The blog will be made better with input from Bklynites and Bklyn ex-pats and Burbites and Beyonders everywhere, so please chime in – consider yourself invited!

Boys biking around Providence

1. Katherine Type says:
    April 12th, 2012 at 12:32 am

Anyone ready to move from Brooklyn to the Burbs – read this article that posted today :-)

April 12th, 2012 at 12:13 pm

I wouldn’t really call it an “article” since it’s as close to a real estate listing as anything, but it is interesting that they’re courting Brooklynites. Certain Brooklynites – those with Cobble Hill townhouses or Prospect Park West brownstones. But hey, if you’re one of those and you’ve got $2.1 mill, give it a whirl! Darien is pretty nice.

2. Nick says:
    April 10th, 2012 at 2:36 pm

congrats Deirdre.  Looking forward to perusing the site, especially now with my impending move back to brooklyn

April 10th, 2012 at 3:28 pm

Ooh do tell! And thanks!

3. Joyce says:
    April 10th, 2012 at 1:19 pm

The site looks great!!! congratulations!!!!!

April 10th, 2012 at 1:57 pm

Thanks Joyce! If I had a VIP section, you’d be in it.